Friday, July 1, 2011

Pageant Time

It is finally that time of year....


Miss Mississippi pageant time! This is another reason why I like summer. Ever since I can remember I have absolutely loved it. The best thing that ever happened was when a couple of years ago they started live streaming the prelim nights on the Internet (you used to could only see the prelims if you were actually there). That's four nights of pageant in a row!! Woo! This also brings a whole new role in watching it now because I become a judge. Also, when my cousin introduced me to a little ole forum where people talk about this pageant year round, it just took it to a whole new level (but only when people are being nice, and not bashing people - thats not necessary). I love taking notes during the prelims, and then making predictions on who the top 10 is going to be. Last year I was just 2 off I also enjoying watching, and discussing this with my best friends Laurie and Brittany. It has become a tradition over the years. We have a great time with it. So if you care NOTHING about this pageant, pageants in general, or my weird interest with it, I apologize for wasting your time reading this. BUT, if you are like me and this is your thing, here is my top 10 predictions, and I would love to hear what you think. Since we don't get to see the interview portion with the judges, this is based off just what I see in the prelims. Now, I have been known to wrong before, so don't be holding it against me if your friend, favorite, or enemy is or is not on my list. Also, EVERY year there is ALWAYS a surprise someone who sneaks in the top 10 and I love it! But here is mine for now:

Top 10
Shelby Corn –Miss Central Mississippi
Jill Duckworth – Miss University of Southern Mississippi
Chassidy Sumler – Miss Dixie
Mary Maragret Roark – Miss North Central Mississippi
Marie Wicks – Miss Pine Belt/Gulf Coast (This / title is weird. Just pick one)
Kristen Benigno – Miss Hattiesburg
Fenly Akers – Miss Heartland
Chelsea Rick – Miss Metro Jackson
Vaughan Simmons – Miss Deep South
Stephanie Stanford -Miss Delta Blues

Bubbles for top 10
Elyssa Lassiter – Miss Vicksburg
Jessica Terrill – Miss Mississippi State University
Natalie Wood – Miss Southland
Kathrine Barkett – Miss Univeristy

Top 5
Fenly Akers
Chelsea Rick
Kristen Benigno
Shelby Corn
Mary Margaret Roark

Winner – Keeping that one to myself ! :)

Since most of you probably aren’t watching until tomorrow night, I would love to hear your opinions then! Happy Pageant Day!

Verse of the day: "Make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and recieve a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment