Monday, July 4, 2011

AMERICA

I LOVE the 4th of July and this country! There's nothing better than a good patriotic song either. This is one of my favorites: It's America by Rodney Atkins. These are just a few of my favorite lines describing America and I think it's perfect for today.
It's a high school prom
It's a Springsteen song It's a ride in a Chevrolet It's a man on the moon
And fireflies in June
and kids sellin' lemonade... It's cities
and farms it's open armsOne nation under God Its America...

Now we might not always get it right,
But there's nowhere else I'd rather build my life

It's a flag blowin' in the summer wind
Over some fallen hero's grave.
It's America...."

Happy 235th Birthday, America!

Sources: (in order of pictures used) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Verse of the day: "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD..." Psalm 33:12

No comments:

Post a Comment