Monday, June 27, 2011

RN

I haven't posted in weeks because I have been studying my head off for the NCLEX! I knew it would be a distraction so I decided not to blog any until I took the test, which I did last Friday. And, IT. IS. OFFICIAL. I am now a Registered Nurse. I found out Sunday that I had passed. Those two days of waiting were torture, but the excitement and relief when I found out made it worth it. Yup! Molly Morgan, RN. I just cant stop saying it! One of my best friends also recorded me signing my name for the first time with RN behind it. All through nursing school, each semester I would tell people what percentage of a nurse I was. So after first semester I was "1/4 a nurse", then after our first year it was I am "1/2 a nurse". And now it is just RN, and it is official. :) It was kind of a joke and thought was just for me but little did I know this video would end up on YouTube, but thanks Andrew for the keep sake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtoTAokXQVk

LAME! I know. And I know this newness and excitement will probably wear off so I am enjoying it while it lasts. I cannot wait to find the perfect place for me, as far as a job, so I can start what I have wanted to do for so many years. I have wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember. Except for those times when I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but nursing seemed like more of a challenge for me and something with limitless possibilities. The road to get here was not easy. But I never gave up on my dream. I knew it was what I wanted to do. I know now it is what my calling is, and I know the Lord was with me every single step of the way, because there is no way I could have done it alone. I definitely give Him all the credit that is more than deserved. It is also hard to believe that it is all over. No more late nights studying, no more taking years off my life due to stress, no more "what do I have to make to pass" moments, and no more TESTS! WHAT a relief! I am also so proud of all my classmates! They have been a constant support system, so encouraging, and some of the best people I know. So grateful for each and every one of them. We also were blessed with some really great teachers who really cared about us, wanted us to succeed, and have taught us so much to carry on with us as we start our careers. I think they have a sometimes under appreciated (by some) job, but without them we wouldn't be able to do what we do, so I am thankful for them!

I now look at this point of my life as the beginning of the next chapter of my life, and I am also SO excited for it all. I may not have the perfect boyfriend, currently be engaged, married, or living "the life" like I thought I would at this age. No wait. Like the southern culture thinks I should at this age, that's better. But I am passionately pursuing the cross, and I am following in God's direction for my life, what ever and where ever that may be. I know His plans are far higher than my own, and He has never not been faithful before. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me and I am ready to find out!

Coming soon: More recipes, guest writers, Miss Mississippi pageant week, and the 2012 election.

Verse of the day: "Whoever loves God is known by God." 1 Corinthians 8:3

4 comments:

  1. WOOOOO HOOOOO so proud of you MOLLY MORGAN, RN! You are incredible, I'm so happy you're done with that stressful test! You worked so hard and you deserve every bit of happiness and relief you're feeling right now :) So excited for you. And I totally understand everything you say about nursing, I agree 100%! Blessed to have such a precious friend as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever. And I am going to need some blogging help from you! I'm having some problems with my format. YOU ARE THE BEST! And I am thankful for our friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're back to blogging, but more then that, I'm so proud of you cuz for sticking to what you wanted to do all along. You believed even when people around you didn't. Man did you show them! No go save some lives! :) PS...I'm stealing Tasty Tuesday and doing it on my blog too! Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That was so sweet! And OF COURSE! You steal that right on. I can't wait to see what you share! I love new recipes!

    ReplyDelete